With so much variety it becomes necessary to look at the various types of guitar
and to explore the best uses for each. Before going shopping it is obviously important
to decide which style appeals to you the most, and which guitar will serve you best.
- Classical: If youТre interested in playing classical music, youТll want
to play a Spanish or classical-style guitar.
- Flamenco: For flamenco, a Spanish-made instrument is best.
- Folk/Traditional/Blues: For these styles, the standard acoustic guitar is
the best choice, although some folk players prefer the softer sound of the Spanish
- Jazz: You can play either an acoustic or electric instrument, although many
jazz players prefer a special, large-bodied hybrid instrument called a hollow-body
- Rock: An electric guitar is mandatory for the hard-rockinТ player.